Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Computer Science I
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
An Entry-level Software Engineer on the team building the next generation of ASSISTments: a free, web-based intelligent tutoring system and research platform. Used daily by thousands of students, ASSISTments improves education through scientific research.
As a member of the core development team, the Software Engineer works closely with two other full-time engineers and an extended team of undergraduate and graduate students. The Software Engineer specifies, designs, and builds software modules that support currently funded and proposed research, producing reusable components and services that extend ASSISTments' features.
- Produces well-designed, testable, efficient, well-documented code
- Produces design specifications
- Troubleshoots, debugs and upgrades existing software
- Verifies and deploys programs and systems
- Provides end-user assistance as needed
- Provides backup support for critical software services
- Contributes to the smooth operation of the ASSISTments lab
- Other duties as assigned
- A keen eye for detail, excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- At ease working in an environment with multiple competing priorities
- Capable of delivering results with little supervision
- A thorough understanding of object-oriented design and Java
- Experience designing interactive applications
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Experience with Spring
- Developing and debugging web applications using AJAX, Vue.js, Bootstrap, GWT, JSON, JQuery, and JSP
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience using Eclipse
- Experience using Tomcat
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience creating User Interface mockups
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/ASSISTments-Programmer_R0000177
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |