If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Coordinator, Career Scholars Program
Job Description Summary:
To work closely with targeted high school students, and adult students to on board them into our scholarship program with the hopes of building a diverse pipeline of applicants, as well as a tracking process through completion at Austin Community College (ACC).
This is a grant funded position through May 2025.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Makes presentations and recruiting visits to provide information to prospective students on workforce and CTE Programs. This includes assisting in completing admissions applications, financial aid applications, collecting/assessing transcripts, assessment and testing, orientation, advising, and registration.
2) Conducts office hours at assigned high schools in the Austin Community College (ACC) service area.
3) Attends college fairs, host information sessions and workshops, conducts tours, and participates in other special events to recruit prospective students to the college.
4) Provides comprehensive case management services through on-going contact and follow-up with assigned students, advises students on potential workforce degrees and coordinates referrals to available college and community services as needed to assist students in achieving academic success.
5) Provides ongoing student communication, connecting and assisting students with necessary success resources and timely follow-up with students to discuss their workforce and/or career goals.
6) Establishes and maintains an active role in the community in order to recruit prospective students.
7) Assists in developing scholarship presentations and materials for be actively involved in student retention initiatives to include monthly recruiting purposes.
8) Oversees Career Scholars activities and camps as well as supervises Career Scholars cohort mentors.
9) Maintains and updates records and files and submits recruiting reports as needed.
10) Serves as a mentor, advocate and resource to assist Career Scholars students with navigating college processes.
11) Recruits and cultivates relationships with counselors, teachers, and other appropriate school personnel in DMCAT and other workforce departments at ACC to enhance recruitment efforts at target high schools.
12) Works with Marketing and Recruitment Office to produce new materials designed to inform students about our programs and collaborate to disseminate information at high schools.
13) Assists students with the transition to baccalaureate institutions or employment.
* Best practices for higher education recruitment and enrollment strategies.
* College recruitment, admissions, procedures, programs, and careers.
* Public relations and customer services principles.
* Student database systems.
* Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Recruit or other contact management systems.
* Multicultural education programs and systems.
* Maintaining an established work schedule, which may include evenings and weekends.
* Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including the use of tact and diplomacy.
* Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
* Public speaking skills in preparing and enthusiastically making individual and group presentations.
* Interacting with persons of diverse backgrounds.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
* Able to collaborate with others in a team focused environment.
* Able to quickly establish rapport and engage prospective students.
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
* Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
* Two years experience in college student recruiting or advising.
* Experience to include experience with Constitute Relationship Management (CRM) Recruit or similar software.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Valid Texas driver's license and reliable transportation for local Austin area travel.
Other Preferred Qualifications
* Knowledge or experience with CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) Recruit or other contact management systems.
* Writing communication skills including online and social media formats.
* Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds.
*Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
$41,304 - $59,006
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
July 8, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.