Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resources Assistant will provide administrative, operational, and data support to the Simmons University Human Resources function with a dedicated focus on HR operations and other general human resource function areas. This critical role will serve as a first point of contact and liaison with internal colleagues, and students, as well as and new employees, on behalf of the Human Resources department, while promoting a culture of inclusion and responsiveness through customer-centric support. Reporting to the Manager of Benefits, the Assistant provides support services to the office of Human Resources through outstanding customer service to faculty, staff, and students, overseeing the HR reception area, and providing assistance to Human Resources staff related to full cycle employment processes and other general administrative functions.
The ideal candidate will: maintain a strong customer focus, foster mutual respect, support Simmons University's commitment to diversity, practice and promote teamwork, maintain confidentiality, and adhere to high standards of personal conduct and maintain and enhance professional/job competency.
About the Simmons University Human Resources Department:
The Simmons Human Resources department supports the University in reaching its strategic goals by providing high-quality Human Resources services to the institutions most valuable resources - its people. The members of the Simmons HR team strive to create an employee experience that is collaborative, innovative and inclusive. We want Simmons to be a place where employees are passionate about their work and where they value their Simmons experience as a part of their life long pursuit of professional and personal development. Come be a part of something big; where you can have an impact every day!
Client Service (40%)
Data Support (40%)
- Provide support for the Human Resources department, answering general inquiries from employees, applicants and student employees via email and phone, updating HR data in the HRIS system (Workday). Maintain personnel files. Assist in ad-hoc HR projects, with a friendly and professional manner;
- Serves as first point of contact to greet internal visitors and external guests (interview appointments, vendors, community stakeholders, etc.) representing the Human Resources department with a welcoming, positive and helpful presence;
- Manage the new hire onboarding process, from new hire paperwork appointments to I-9 verification inquiries and processes, as well as liaise with new hires to ensure timely completion of onboarding tasks within the HRIS system (Workday);
- Liaise and assist with other campus partners in support of promoting the University's HR standard procedures, processes and best practices.
- Enter and ensure data accuracy for new hires, employee status changes, data updates, terminations and other data input as requested including running reports;
- Process employee paperwork, including, but not limited to, compensation forms, offer letters, employment verifications, I-9s, tuition remission, loan forgiveness documents, exit/termination information, and resignation notifications;
- Facilitate employee off boarding processes in the HRIS system, including timely and accurate system updates, exit package distributions and mailings.
- Order and maintain adequate inventory of office supplies for the Human Resources department. Maintain a neat, welcoming reception area and overall HR office, ensuring an optimal work environment;
- Engage with operational managers to ensure timely processing of faculty reappointment letters;
- Assist with internal website information as it pertains to the Benefits and Payroll intranet pages;
- Assist with event planning and meeting management activities for employee engagement, education, benefits health fair, benefits orientation, health and wellness, training sessions and seminars, and department meetings. Provide meeting coordination support, ordering food as necessary, setting up conference rooms and supplies;
- Assist with other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma with at least one years of practical experience or Bachelor's degree
- Internship or professional experience in Human Resources preferred;
- Previous experience working in and ensuring the accuracy of data within online databases strongly preferred;
- Experience in Higher Education a plus;
- Stellar customer service, interpersonal, and support-oriented skills in working with all members of a campus community;
- Ability to execute data entry functions with high level of accuracy, detail and thoroughness;
- Ability to concentrate on several detailed projects in a fast-paced office environment, remaining proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism, organization, discretion and confidentiality;
- Ability to be flexible about shifting priorities and to use resources creatively;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Required Application Materials:
- Customer Service
- Attention to Detail
This is a 40 hour position with a schedule of Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Instructions to Applicants: Please submit a resume and cover letter in the Resume/CV section of your application.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Human-Resources-Assistant_R06050
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |