This is a grant funded position and is not eligible for severance pay.
This opportunity will provide training for both the clinical and laboratory-based research.
Within the in the Department Molecular Biology and Microbiology, the focus of Linden Hu’s research is on Lyme disease. The laboratory is interested in the pathogenesis of Lyme disease both from the perspective of how the bacteria adapt to its different host environments as well as how the host immune response recognizes the organism and is responsible for the pathology associated with the infection.
What You'll Do
This Research Technician position work under the direction of the Principal Investigator and lab staff. This position will involve a blend of clinical study coordination and laboratory-based research. Responsibilities include:
- Enrollment of research subjects, and coordinating research studies
- Tracking and database management
- Performing bench laboratory experiments to support the clinical research project
- Managing and monitoring a mouse colony
- Maintaining laboratory equipment and supplies
- Using discretion working in a confidential environment
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in science
- Some experience in a lab with enthusiasm to train in both clinical and lab-based research
- Personable, well-organized individual with strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with basic laboratory techniques and procedures
- Prior experience with study coordination
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.