Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Computer Quest Counselor (Mass Academy)
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Computer Quest Counselor (Mass Academy)
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Mass Academy seeks a summer program counselor to support our Computer Quest Camp
This is a temporary, seasonal position.
About Mass Academy
The Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science (Mass Academy) is a tuition-free, co-educational, public school of excellence that enrolls approximately 100 academically accelerated 11th and 12th grade students from Massachusetts. Math and science are emphasized within a comprehensive, interactive academic program. Rigorous junior year classes and senior classes taken at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) prepare students for college academics before they've graduated from high school.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Must be available July 24 - July 28
- Assist teacher during class
- Provide academic support to individuals and groups of students as needed
- Foster a positive, educational, and fun community; emphasize mutual respect and inclusiveness
- Work with other members of the team to plan, organize, and facilitate activities
- Assist with student drop off and/ or pick up
- Ensure all students check in and check out every day
- Monitor students throughout the day to ensure student participants adhere to all rules and remain safe; report any concerns to the supervisors as they arise
- Actively participate in team meetings
- Work collaboratively with other staff
- Effectively communicate with parents, students, and staff
- Complete all mandatory trainings
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualified candidates will have a growth mindset and believe all students are capable of learning at a high level when given the proper support
- High school diploma or currently enrolled in high school required
- Positive attitude, responsible work ethic, and ability to collaborate effectively with a team required
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to work on your feet for long periods of time being very active (4-5 hours). May work events that are outdoor and exposure to heat, rain, and inclement weather.
- An offer is conditional pending a criminal background check.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Computer-Quest-Counselor--Mass-Academy-_R0002497
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |