Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Assistant, Office of the President
Assistant, Office of the President
The Assistant provides administrative support for the Office of the President.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate phone coverage, respond to calls made to the Office of the President, identify calls that can be redirected to other areas of the University. Serve as an ambassador to the Office of the President and guide visitors to appropriate locations.
- Initiate correspondence on behalf of the President as directed and respond and organize donations sent on behalf of the President.
- Process and route all incoming and outgoing documents and mail. Duplicate documents and maintain office files.
- Inventory and order office supplies. Schedule maintenance of office and equipment. Submit work orders as needed.
- Maintain schedule for Office of the President conference room.
- Assist with variety of tasks for special events and special projects overseen by the Office of the President.
- Account for the budget of the Office of the President and assist with processing payments, and billing on behalf of the office.
- Provide flowers, memorial gifts, congratulations and condolences as needed.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years administrative assistant experience required, with some experience as an senior staff member in an academic setting strongly preferred.
- Must know University culture and structure, as well as working knowledge of University programs and services. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Banner and Novasis, as well as the Internet and related software packages. Must understand and be able to manage budget process. Demonstrate an ability to work in collaboration with the Presidents staff in creating seamless work processes, scheduling and communication. It is important that a strong working relationship exists with the other members of the Presidents staff.
- Excellent organizational skills. Must show the ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage the Presidents Front office function. Proficient ability to deal with multiple requests and approaches. Must be courteous and customer service oriented. Must be able to use tact in dealing with difficult situations.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
- Some college courses strongly preferred; Bachelors Degree preferred.
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/14231
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |