Primary Purpose of Position
The Health Information Technology (HIT) Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring information management standards and systems to support the patient record. The HIT Specialist is responsible for supporting all on-site HIT Specialist workflows within the Student Health Center. This position is responsible for providing technical expertise, support, administration and project management for health technology systems that help measure or enhance population health initiatives and program enrollments through enhanced data access and utilization among members and community partners. In addition, the HIT Specialist will provide customer service to callers/visitors to the Departments as appropriate. HIT Specialists may be assigned additional on-site duties as necessary in order to maintain fluid departmental operations. The HIT Specialist will perform as a team member to provide various levels of implementation & configuration assistance, application training, problem resolution, and extensive support. The HIT Specialist is responsible for planning, training and implementation of HIT systems upgrades and new features. Actively participate on the population health management team to further population health programs. This colleague will also foster working relationships with other departments to ensure timely resolution related to any issues within these workflows.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The Mission of the Student Health Center is to provide patient centered, holistic health care services to the students of North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University.
Our services are rendered in accordance with evidence-based practices and medical guidelines which help to improve the students’ physical and mental well-being.
Through our care, we aim to prevent or reduce student time lost from academic and extracurricular activities. Our educational programs aspire to engage our students and provide information and resources to enhance their lifestyles and reinforce behavior that will sustain them far beyond their matriculation through North Carolina A&T State University.
Our intent is to improve the quality of life for the North Carolina A&T State University community. The consummate goal of the Student Health Center is to maintain healthy students and a healthy student environment in which our students can achieve their educational goals.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security, Information Assurance, HIT, HIT, or Health Informatics or related field of study or equivalence or a combination of education and hands on work experience equivalence will be considered.
Proficient in standard health care coding and classification systems.
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
Appropriate professional credentials including but not limited to CCS, CPC, CCS-P, CPMA, CompTIA A+, Database Administration, Network + & Security
- Strong project delivery methodology skills; Ability to achieve results in a production/quality/deadline driven environment.
- EHR system experience including implementations and interfaces.
- Standardization and consolidation of data systems.
- Experience mapping workflows and identifying data system requirements.
- Experience using electronic health technology to support patient care.
- Two or more years of professional experience leading, overseeing, or managing an implementation, project, or complex process from beginning to end; experience in healthcare and/or technology industry highly desired.
- Four or more years of proven Electronic Health Records (EHR) information experience.
- Three or more years customer service / information security experience.