UB’s Business and Entrepreneur Partnerships (BEP) seeks a hands-on marketer who loves to write, to fill the position of Manager, Marketing Content & Writing. You will be working in the dynamic world of startups and entrepreneurship, and building B2B marketing communications that engage and inspire our followers.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Manager, Marketing Content & Writing will be responsible for supporting the formation and implementation of communication strategies and tactics that support the mission and vision of BEP and the university brand through content creation. Through direct writing and strategic management this position will work to increase visibility and enhance the reputation of BEP to key audiences.
Under direction of BEP’s Director of Marketing and Communications, the manager will conceptualize and create copy for a wide range of pipeline development and communications focused on acquiring new business-academic partnerships. The role interacts significantly with other cross-functional BEP team members in business development and startup/commercialization. The role is responsible for the project management of various internal- and external-facing marketing communications projects such as press releases, media coordination, collateral development, advertising, presentations, promotions and digital content for assigned lines of business and initiatives.
What You’ll Do: Develop Strategic Content
- Leads internal efforts to create, edit and market bespoke industry and technology messaging for BEP, its units and initiatives. Develops, writes and updates leading client success stories for use in integrated marketing vehicles. This includes writing press releases, social media posts, business development briefs, presentations, etc.
Develop / Manage Messaging
- Coordinates with subject matter experts to provide specific content assets – ensuring participation, accuracy and alignment of messaging. Write consistent content for key market audiences which may include trade publications/events, internal business development pieces with strategic partners and others in the life sciences and manufacturing space.
- Align with University Communications to maintain UB brand standards for the organization as it relates to messaging.
Oversee the Content Distribution
- Act as a content lead to conceptualize and strategize an evolving content calendar, in conjunction with the Director, Marketing & Communications, to get the reader to take an action.
Oversee Content Amplification and Advocacy Plans
- Identify, build, and grow strategic, community-driven partnerships and oversee tactical execution of marketing and media partner relationships
- Build communications to share & strengthen brand/program awareness across all media
- Track and report on core KPIs (# of stories, mentions, shares, etc.)
Implement Proofreading and Editing Processes
- Align with University Communications on work-flow processes.
- Work with SMEs and lead efficient proofreading and sign-off processes.
- Develop a standard for accuracy, technical and editorial correctness.
Supervise creative staff members
- Supervise and mentor direct reports. Assist with the preparation of annual performance evaluations and program plans, and make recommendations for growth opportunities.
UB’s Business and Entrepreneur Partnerships (BEP) builds bridges between academia and industry, helps commercialize new technology and provides students with opportunities for experiential learning and employment. BEP works to connect companies – startup or mature – with technical expertise, cutting-edge technology, incubation space, mentoring, funding resources and networks to grow. BEP consists of multiple units across all three UB campuses to support innovation and commercialization.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.