Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Registered Nurse - Temporary
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Registered Nurse - Temporary
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Registered Nurse (RN) at WPI Health & Wellness will provide support triage, testing and care to students who present with symptoms of Covid-19. The RN will report to and be supervised by the Nurse Practitioner staff. The RN will provide care and education to WPI students at the clinic within the registered nurse scope of practice regulations defined by Massachusetts regulation: MGL; Chapter 112: Sections 80 & 80A. This is a full-time, temporary benefited position through December 31, 2021.
Weekend on-call work will be required as needed.
- Provide initial assessment, evaluation, and triage or treatment of minor episodic respiratory medical problems following departmental policy, scope of practice, and nursing process.
- Refer cases that require further medical intervention to the appropriate APC or MD.
- Health & risk assessment
- Facilitate referrals to APC, MD or ED when clinical presentation is outside scope of practice
- Educational counseling
- Participate in health promotion activities.
- Immunization review & administration
- Performance of CLIA testing.
- Providing clinical support to the Advance Practice Clinicians working within scope of practice.
- Maintain working knowledge of equipment and perform/schedule maintenance.
- Maintain and stock exam room supplies.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Coordinator for the ordering of supplies and pharmaceuticals.
- Respond, in a timely manner, to patient questions concerning treatment, test results, and medication.
- Collaborate with the APC's regarding prescription refill and appointments requests.
- Provide health monitoring of students in isolation and quarantine.
- Work on campus committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSN required. Graduate from an accredited school/college of nursing with current Massachusetts registered nurse licensure or eligibility for licensure in Comm. of MA with a minimum of 3 years of ambulatory care experience required.
- Experience with telephone and direct triage, phlebotomy, immunizations, PPD skin testing and communicable disease exposures would be beneficial.
- Prior experience with EMR.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Able to communicate clearly in oral and written communications.
- Prior experience working in a culturally diverse setting.
- Prior participation in health outreach/ promotion activities.
- Knowledge of risk communicable diseases, prevention & isolation.
Please include a cover letter to be considered for this position.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Registered-Nurse---Temporary_R0001545
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |