This is a part-time position, working 21 hours per week.
The Student Advisory & Health Administration Office is a division of Student Affairs, serving the Boston and Grafton Health Sciences students at Tufts University. Major functions of this office include administration of the Student Health Insurance, Disability Insurance programs and Optional Dental Insurance Plan collection and oversight of all immunization documentation required by the University and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Additional activities include oversight of subsidized fitness benefits through the Wang YMCA, coordination of stress management programs, student health fairs, and oversight of other health related issues and programs as they arise.
What You'll Do
This position provides reception and clerical support for the Department serves as a liaison to the Wang YMCA in coordinating the annual membership drive and reconciling the monthly fitness center invoices for each school and handles distribution of the voluntary dental insurance plan, assists with coordinating yoga classes offered to students.
What We're Looking For
- Typically requires a high school diploma/GED and 2-4 years of administrative experience OR college degree with 1-3 years' experience.
- Knowledge with advanced Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Travel as required for training and professional development.
- Occasional travel to Medford and Grafton Campus.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with experience performing detailed work in university, hospital or business setting.
- Knowledge of insurance and accounting experience would be helpful.
- Experience with database and creating spreadsheets.
- Outgoing person with experience in dealing with a diverse population including foreign nationals.
- Ability to multitask with attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy of data and maintain focus.
- Able to maintain professionalism at all times and to use sensitivity in dealing with person and confidential information.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.