The Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers bachelors, masters, and doctoral level education leading to the appropriate degrees in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and Cybersecurity.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering provides a curriculum and course of training that will prepare today’s graduates not only for today’s challenges, but also for future challenges in a fast-paced, global, and diverse society. As a result, our program emphasizes the fundamentals of engineering and modern methods, processes and technologies and also gives the students the tools to learn by themselves and to pursue life-long learning.
This position is responsible for providing more complex administrative support and customer oriented services to a department. Coordinates activities and acts as department/area liaison handling issues that are sensitive and confidential. Identifies and recommends improvements for administrative procedures, as necessary assignments vary from routine to complex in nature and require some latitude and problem solving and interpretation of departmental and university guidelines.
Associate’s degree and three years of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple assignments effectively.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
Experience with course scheduling in higher education.