Assistant Coach, Women's Water Polo (part time)
756-Water Polo - Women
Villanova University, a Division I institution and member of the MAAC, has an opening for a part-time Assistant Coach for women's water polo.
Responsibilities include assisting the Head Coach in all aspects of the program including but not limited to coaching at training sessions, scouting opponents, recruiting, game day administration, academic monitoring of student athletes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Student-Athlete Development Assist the Head Coach with directing and supervising all activities relative to the training and skill development of student-athletes in preparation for competition.
- Provide technical skill instruction to aid in the development of student-athletes at practices.
- Conduct individual training sessions with student-athletes geared at skill development.
- At the direction of the Head Coach, develop and execute practice plans that will prepare the team physically and mentally for competition.
- Assist in the preparation of team for games by contributing strategies and aiding in daily preparation of organized and effective practices.
- Prepare scouting reports on opponents in preparation for competition.
- Monitor student-athletes academic progress ensuring student athletes meet eligibility standards and advance towards a degree.
- Monitor and assist in the rehabilitation of injured student-athletes as directed by Team Physicians and Sports Medicine staff.
- Coordinate with Sports Medicine and Strength & Conditioning staff to organize and monitor the physical conditioning of student-athletes.
Program Administrative and Fiscal Management Assist in directing and planning an organized, competitive and fiscally sound program. Duties may include, but are not limited to, assisting in travel coordination, assisting in ordering equipment, and assisting in the completion of expense reports.
NCAA Compliance Ensure program compliance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Responsible for performing all duties within the framework of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist in coordinating the preparation and submission of all the necessary NCAA compliance forms (i.e. practice logs, recruiting folders, official visit forms, etc.)
- Assist in monitoring academics amongst student athletes, ensuring student-athletes progress in degree advancement and meet NCAA eligibility and University standards.
Recruiting Assist with managing the overall recruitment activities for the womens water polo program.
- Assist in evaluating talent and recruiting prospective student-athletes who will be successful in the classroom and contribute positively to the womens water polo program and the University community.
- At the direction of the Head Coach, communicate via phone, emails and letters, with prospective student-athletes and parents.
- Assist in the planning and directing of the scouting of prospective student-athletes including, but not limited to determining the recruiting events and competitions to attend and the prospective student-athletes to be evaluated.
- Assist with on-campus official and unofficial visits of prospective student-athletes per University and NCAA policies.
Academics, Service, Marketing, Public Relations, and Development
- Assist in the monitoring of academics amongst student-athletes ensuring student-athletes progress in degree advancement and meet eligibility standards.
- Assist in the development of fund-raising events for the program within the framework of the university and departmental guidelines.
- Reinforce the Villanova ideals of devotion to service by designing appropriate events for the team to give back to the community and serve others.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 1-2 years experience in a collegiate water polo program, preferably at Division I level;
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes;
- Possess the skills to evaluate prospects;
- Water safety skills and CPR.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations a plus;
- Proficiency with personal computer applications.
- Some lifting, carrying equipment, walking;
Special Message to Applicants
- Significant early morning and weekend hours.
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/14810
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.