In this role as a Motor Vehicle Operator, you will be responsible for the operation, routine servicing, loading and unload of large motor vehicles we well as the removal of snow and ice during the snow season. In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
* Operating large garbage packers, backhoes, dump trucks, loaders, tractors, snow & ice removal equipment, turf maintenance equipment, and other grounds maintenance equipment
* Assisting with spraying, turf repair, fertilizing, grass cutting, pruning and planting projects
* Driving large delivery vehicles, loading and unloading, and transporting freight
* Routine service on motorized/ non-motorized vehicles and equipment which includes changing tires, lubrication, check and add fluids, install/remove snow plows, and perform minor repairs
* Moving cargo on and off vehicles
* Removing snow and ice from paved surfaces
* Performing manual labor associated with maintaining campus grounds
* Maintaining daily reports on activities performed
This position is defined as safety-sensitive, and as such, is subject pre employment and random alcohol and drug testing under the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.