Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Communications and Marketing, the Communication Content Manager will be responsible for supporting the formation and implementation of communication strategies, tactics, products and activities that support the mission and vision of GSE and the university brand through content creation and management. This position will work to increase visibility and enhance the reputation of GSE and its faculty.
The Communication Content Manager will:
- Create compelling content that works across communication channels that effectively tells the story of GSE and its communities while supporting and further building the brand of the school and the university
- Assist in increasing the visibility of GSE’s departments, programs, centers, institutes, faculty and staff externally and internally by assisting in executing the strategic communication and marketing plans developed by the Assistant Dean for Communications and Marketing
- Provide communication support services to the Dean, Associate Deans, Assistant Deans, faculty and staff and assist with communication endeavors of the school, its departments, programs and centers
- Assist in implementing strategies for strengthening GSE’s identity in its digital/social and print communication channels targeted at the recruitment of students and faculty, and alumni outreach
- Collaborate with University Communications Media Relations and GSE faculty to coordinate proper placement of school news and faculty experts locally, nationally and internationally
- Act as GSE’s content expert in developing content for marketing channels that supports the strategic mission and vision of the school
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience or master’s degree or professional certification with no experience
Preference given to those holding a master’s degree or higher with 2+ years experience with writing and those with supervisorial experience. Extensive experience working in higher education developing editorial content across various communication platforms strongly preferred.
Must have excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organizational skills and a high attention to detail. Project management skills, along with experience in digital and social communications, print publications, feature story development/writing and public relations/media, strong teamwork, diplomacy, outreach and interview abilities strongly preferred. Experience working in Adobe Experience Manager (UB’s content management system) preferred.