Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Sr. Program Development Mgr
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Sr. Program Development Mgr
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This individual is responsible for the program development and customer relations associated with delivery of quality graduate for credit programs and non-credit programs for targeted industrial clients. This includes all elements of partner development, program logistics, and customer service in producing a viable industry corporate partner for the University.
- Mentor, advise, and interface with other Corporate and Professional
- Education staff including Operations and Business Development employees.
- Establish and maintain relationships within the business community consistent with the basic function of the position.
- Identify opportunities for education and training initiatives through fostering strong relationships with the highest level of client management.
- Be involved in continuous improvement functions within Corporate and Professional Education with the goal of becoming a Best practices division.
- Design and assess technical procedures and practices with regard to curriculum development and delivery.
- Be able to discuss technical initiatives with the highest level of engineering and business management including plant operations, design, and research and engineering technical initiatives.
- Identify changes in technology and innovation that may result in new program opportunities.
- Assist the Directors with the planning and implementation of future programs.
- Conduct presentations for current and potential clients to assist Business Development in growing revenue.
- Provide information to the Dean and Directors on program cost-effectiveness.
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in determining how to serve internal and external customers.
- Assist in obtaining new course and program approvals through appropriate academic governance committees.
- Develop and maintain faculty relationships to help facilitate and manage existing and new programs.
- Conduct market research to assist in strategic decision making with regard to program development initiatives.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate multiple tasks through project completion for curriculum development, implementation, and assessment.
- Assist the Dean and Directors in developing and implementing a consistent marketing and advertising plan for the university.
- Represents WPI at corporate events and graduate fairs.
- Assist in proposal writing for clients and to obtain grant funding.
- Reporting structure: Reports to the Senior Program Development Manager of Corporate and Professional Education; on a normal and consistent basis will interact with the highest level of client management including, but not limited to, general managers, vice presidents, presidents and board members; on a normal and consistent basis will interact with department chairs, faculty, and members of the Provost's staff.
- Other duties as may be assigned or determined to support the continued growth and development of Corporate and Professional Education.
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI.
- WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Five+ years experience working with or in industry in a leadership, engineering, consultant, or marketing role.
- Prior program management experience.
- Strong business acumen.
- High energy level.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Background in defining needs related to Science and Engineering within process, manufacturing, and/or technical corporations.
- Strong working knowledge of process improvement and engineering practice.
- Strong working knowledge of assessment procedures and practice.
- A dynamic individual capable of being an appropriate representative of WPI.
- Strong communicator able to make professional presentations on short lead times.
- Must be willing to do limited over night travel.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Sr-Program-Development-Mgr_R0001106
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |