Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
*Commitment to Equity and Inclusion*_
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC’s faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Senior Research Analyst (Temporary)
Job Description Summary:
To support administration in analyzing, interpreting, and reporting complex data for institutional reporting and other data requests. This is a senior level, temporary analyst position.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Conducts research, analyses, interprets data, and formats related reports.
- Performs technical tasks and provides technical support with emphasis on collection, interpretation, reporting, aggregation, and evaluation of data.
- Researches, evaluates, and makes suggestions to improve systems and processes related to the collection, reporting, and dissemination of information.
- Follows all organizational policies and procedures.
- Provides data analysis support for the department.
- Provides support for strategic reporting and data projects in addition to performing strategic analysis of best practices.
- Statistic analysis methods and software.
- Understanding of compliance requirements in relation to college reporting.
- Quality initiatives and measurements.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Conducting statistical analysis.
- Querying and extracting data from databases.
- Producing data reports using a variety of software from data sets.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills to promote successful relationships with outsider contacts, management, co-workers, and students.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software applications.
- Use query and control languages, data extraction and reporting, and network servers.
Required Work Experience
- One year related work experience.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting and moving of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Up to 19 hours/week
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
March 13, 2022
*ACC Benefits Overview*_
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.