The primary functions of this position are serving as producer for Morning Edition on WNIJ and coordinating newsroom engagement initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Identifies stories; reviews stories; curates from news services; rehearses with Morning Edition host, strategic planning, substitute newscaster; fundraising
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
1. Any one or any combination totaling three (3) years (36 months) of the following types of preparation:
a) progressively more responsible work experience in the production and presentation of radio or television programs, social media, and/or print or online journalism
b) vocational training in radio and/or television production, journalism, social media, news or feature writing and/or announcing or closely related fields
c) college course work in radio/television, journalism, social media, news or feature writing or closely related fields
· 60 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
· 75 semester hours equals one (1) year and six (6) months (18 months)
· 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
· 120 semester hours or a Bachelor’s degree equals three (3) years (36 months)
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
- Demonstrated experience creating and/or curating multi-platform content, including experience web publishing, in a radio broadcasting newsroom environment.
Education and Experience Preferred
- Two years of multi-platform content curation and creation plus web publishing experience in a radio broadcast newsroom environment.
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Critical to Performance of this Position
- Demonstrated writing and copy-editing skills with the ability to write for broadcast and web audiences, across channels;
- Strong news judgment, with a commitment to fact-based journalism;
- Understanding of publishing content across platforms to engage diverse audiences;
- Proven skill in audio production;
- Excellent organization and communication of details;