Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Network Service Delivery Coordinator (7584U), Berkeley IT - 34552
University of California, Berkeley
Network Service Delivery Coordinator (7584U), Berkeley IT - 34552
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Berkeley IT believes in and fosters a workplace environment where people can bring their diverse skills, perspectives and experiences toward achieving our goals through a process of critical inquiry, discovery, innovation, while simultaneously committing to making positive contributions towards the betterment of our world.
In addition, members of the Berkeley IT community have created and endorse the following values for our organization to augment and amplify the campus principles:
We champion diversity.
We act with integrity.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are more than just suggestions for us. They are the guiding principles underlying how we come together, develop leaders at all levels of the organization, and create an environment that unites us. We affirm the dignity of all individuals, call upon our leaders to address critical issues with integrity and intention, respect our differences as well as our commonalities, and strive to uphold a just community free from discrimination and hate.
Berkeley IT is powered by problem solvers who deliver services and support to drive the campus experience. The Network Services and Operations Team is a part of Berkeley IT's Campus IT Infrastructure Department. The team empowers students, faculty and staff by providing them with access to the tools, resources and information they need. We do this by implementing, managing and maintaining services such as Internet connectivity, Wi-Fi throughout campus and high speed connectivity to support research.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: May 5, 2022.
- Applies technical expertise and business analysis concepts to identify, evaluate and define complex systems scope and objectives with an understanding of applicable business practices, processes, systems and industry standards to meet end-user needs.
- Advises service users on the application of specific network services to meet business needs.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing complex systems and procedures.
- Creates and documents complex specifications for systems to meet end-user requirements.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to address complex business or systems issues.
- Develops appropriate documentation related to network systems and services.
- Reviews and ensures service documentation is accurate and relevant.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for approval of business process and procedural documentation.
- Recommends and implements changes in processes and procedures.
- Negotiates with stakeholders on the creation of specifications.
- Develops communications to share technical details of network services.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes business and user needs, documenting requirements and revising existing system and process logic issues as necessary.
- Prioritizes and categorizes user requests for service and assists in allocating appropriate resources to complete related work.
- Participates in professional development and training opportunities.
- Collaborates with Network Services team managers and service leads to manage, train and coordinate a team of Student Network Engineering Assistants to ensure timely fulfillment of service requests.
- Thorough knowledge of business and process analysis functions.
- Thorough Knowledge of related areas of IT, in particular data networking technologies and services.
- Strong skills and knowledge of methodologies associated with analysis of processes and problems, information flow and architecture.
- In-depth understanding and skill in process and systems requirement documentation standards, such as Use Case modeling, User Story creations and narrative description.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
- Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of business processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Interpersonal and communications skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Bachelors degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Experience mentoring and leading student teams.
- Experience with and/or ability to learn ITSM tools, especially Service Now.
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
Referral Source info
This job is part of the Employee Referral Program. If a UC Berkeley employee is referring you, please ensure you select the Referral Source of "UCB Employee" and then enter the employee's Name and Berkeley email address in the Specific Referral Source field. Please enter only one name and email.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=34552&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |