Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website.
What You'll Do
Reporting to the Manager for Student Admissions and Records, the Senior Business Analyst works with business partners within several business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies. The candidate will demonstrate an informed knowledge of the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions including Student Records, Campus Community, and interface business areas to resolve problems on an ongoing basis. Key responsibilities of this position include supporting several moderately complex business processes, working closely with users to understand their needs, translating those needs into technical and functional requirements documentation, configuring changes as needed, and contributing to quality assurance and training initiatives. The Senior Business Analyst may serve as a project lead on large, complex projects from concept to completion. Will mentor and coach more junior level business analysts.
What We're Looking For
- Skills and experience typically acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 6+ years of relevant technical and/or business experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions product including experience interfacing with vendor products.
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle Database SQL Query Tools
- Experience creating requirements documentation, business process documentation, data flow diagrams, technical and functional specifications using Microsoft Office Suite and detailed testing plans.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to multi-task, set goals and priorities, and work effectively under pressure from multiple competing deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive University data.
- Previous work experience in Higher Education.
- Experience with other ERP applications or student information systems.
- Experience with third-party vendors such as TerraDotta and National Student Clearinghouse.
- Job Scheduling familiarity, including the TIDAL product.
• Understanding of business process redesign.
Minimum $84,400.00, Midpoint $105,550.00, Maximum $126,700.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.