The Department of Financial Management within Business Services at the University at Buffalo is seeking a Clerk I. This position is very customer service oriented and will assist with phone calls, emails, and payments in a timely manner. The primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Act as first line of customer support for departments, buyers and vendors
- Answer questions either in person, by phone, or electronically which includes explaining and clarifying procedures
- Review purchase orders, reimbursements, invoices and receipts to prepare for payment as necessary
- Utilize various software systems to process, track, and monitor expenses while maintaining compliance and requirements
- Perform clerical processing and record maintenance activities
- Be able to reference guidelines to include SUNY, RF, NYS, University a Buffalo, Accounts Payable or Travel policies
- Assist with gathering documentation for audit requests as needed
- Comply with established standards and protocols of the accounts payable or travel policies
- Assist co-workers with workload when the need arises
- Other duties as assigned within Business Services
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.