The Department of Communicative Disorders and Services
in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University at Buffalo is seeking a Clinic Billing Coordinator
. This position will collaborate and provide support to the Clinical Business Practice Manager, clinical faculty and students and the Clinic Director with clinic administrative and educational programs. The incumbent will have to provide excellent office support and management and should have significant clinic support experience.
The Clinic Billing Coordinator supports the work of the UB Audiology and Speech Language Pathology Clinic
in the Department of Communicative Disorders and Services.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the clinic billing process in an accurate, effective and timely manner. Specific duties include fund deposits, patient invoice system and process as well as timely reconciliation of invoice related accounts receivables.
- Process with clinic payables including invoicing and P Card reconciliations when appropriate.
- Proper handling of patient no fault claims from patient eligibility to payment, acting as the primary point of contact in the clinic.
- Maintain patient privacy along with the physical security of the clinic, utilizing HIPAA best practice guidelines.
- Provide administrative support for externship affiliation agreements as well as other externship related support work.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all health management regulations including NYS and Federal policies to include but not limited to HIPAA Privacy and Security.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field. Medical Office and professional experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Medical billing and professional administrative experience.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to interact with a diverse constituency and work with minimal supervision
- Computer experience with Microsoft software and ability to quickly master new systems.
- Must be able to manage competing priorities and demonstrate a commitment to learning new skills as needed.
- 3 years of medical billing and professional administrative experience.
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software preferred.