Associate Director of Admissions (4509U), Haas Core Programs -
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: May 29, 2019
The Haas School of Business develops path bending leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, Development and Alumni Relations.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learnand a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
- Plans information sessions, schedules and makes presentations to prospective candidates in the US and internationally.
- Provides in-depth information on admissions requirements, prerequisite courses, school/college programs and curricula, specific financial aid criteria, and career opportunities.
- Assesses academic preparedness of traditional, special-program, and international applicants.
- Assesses applicants for motivation, initiative, leadership potential, work/life experience, extracurricular activities, socioeconomic status, disability, and educational/personal hardship.
- Using extensive knowledge of college/school/department requirements and applicant pool, assesses the applicants' overall record and experience for final admissions determination and recommendation.
- Produces special and annual reports, and program evaluations.
- Supports Senior Associate Director in implementing programs to enhance recruitment and yield including managing student and alumni outreach efforts.
- Work on special programs as assigned.
- Attend classes which will enhance expertise in job areas.
- Serve on departmental and campus-wide committees as appropriate.
- Participate in activities that enhance the campus community and/or larger community to further University service.
- Maintain knowledge of the FTMBA unit business processes in order to provide back up to other support staff in the unit.
- Thorough knowledge and experience effectively engaging with a diverse student population.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures to prospective students and the public.
- Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, and financial aid programs, at colleges/universities and specifically at UC Berkeley, and/or specific colleges and schools.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with schools, universities, community organizations, and other institutions.
- Ability to develop recruitment programs, and design effective materials and outreach events to attract and enroll top candidates to the Full-time MBA program.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to make and support admissions recommendations and decisions in a highly competitive admissions environment and to efficiently review large numbers of applications on time and with solid judgment.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
- Master's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training and/or knowledge of graduate programs in management.
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary will be commensurate with experience, within the range of $65,000.00 - $74,400.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This position is a 2-year Contract Appointment at 40-hours per week. This role will offer full benefits, including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, FSA participation, vacation accrual, sick leave accrual and participation in the UC Retirement Plan.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://jobsprod.is.berkeley.edu/psp/jobsprod/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=26902&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1