The Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science (TAMS) is a unique residential Program for high school-aged Texas students who are high achievers and interested in mathematics and science. While living on Campus in McConnell Hall, students in this two-year program complete a rigorous academic curriculum of college coursework at the University of North Texas (UNT). Instruction is by University Faculty. There are no high school courses taught, but students enjoy many of the activities of high school and the company of age mates who are intellectual peers. The Honors College is dedicated to enriching the undergraduate academic experience for the more than 1,900 talented, motivated, and well-prepared students who choose to be members. The goal of the Honors College is to help these students build an excellent foundation that prepares them for studying at the graduate level, establishing a career, and meeting the demands of responsible citizenship.
The position will assist our Sr. TAMS Recruiter and the TAMS Academic division on the recruitment
Bachelor’s Degree and one year of experience in recruiting, academic advising, counseling, student services, customer service or related experience or can substitute education for experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong presentation skills and problem solving skills.
- Developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to obtain credit card for travel.
- Good driving record and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Professional in appearance, motivated, self-directed and have the ability and willingness to communicate enthusiastically with diverse populations in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to travel extensively.