Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Marketing Manager (7552U), UC Botanical Garden - 33340
University of California, Berkeley
Marketing Manager (7552U), UC Botanical Garden - 33340
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
The University of California Botanical Garden. (UCBG) features one of the most diverse plant collections in the United States. Established in 1890, the Garden's 34 acres contain over 13,238 taxas and more than 20,231 accessions from all over the world arranged by region. The Garden is famous for its large number of rare and endangered species. The Mission Statement for the UCBG is "to develop and maintain a diverse living collection of plants to support teaching and worldwide research in plant biology, further the conservation of plant diversity, and promote public understanding and appreciation of plants and the natural environment."
The Marketing and Communications Specialist plays a major role in bringing in awareness of the Garden's mission, educational and community programs/events to the public and campus. Instrumental in attracting funds to the Garden. Only one third of the Garden budget is provided by the campus, the rest is the result of memberships, programs, plant/gift sales, donations, and endowments.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: April 7, 2022.
- Coordinates organization-wide marketing and communications strategies and activities including promotional materials and programs (across digital platforms, printed materials, and external relations) to promote awareness of the UC Botanical Garden services, programs and products to the general public and to campus units.
- Researches, analyzes, monitors and evaluates marketing and communications efforts for effectiveness, reporting results to appropriate higher levels of administration.
- Assists in coordination an production of Garden events.
- Coordinates design, production and distribution of publications and other promotional materials, including internet or web materials, press releases, advertisements, catalogs, brochures, flyers, signage, A / V presentations, displays, exhibits, etc.
- Coordinates advertising placement and schedules.
- Coordinates appropriate use of campus and / or Garden and / or department logos, emblems, etc.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with internal and external marketing professionals and vendors; e.g., artists, designers, photographers, mailing houses, postal service, list brokers, advertising representatives, media contacts, etc.
- Administers marketing and / or sales budget(s) as assigned, ensuring that budget goals are met; as required meets revenue generating goals through effective relationships with external sources.
- Builds relationships with outside (non-campus and / or Garden affiliated) companies and organizations.
- Researches and analyzes new and innovative methods for generating revenue and develops implementation proposals.
- Thorough analytical and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of communication principles, media, and marketing techniques.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and political acumen skills.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Thorough knowledge of and/or ability to learn the UC Botanical Garden, including its achievements, mission, vision, goals, objectives and infrastructure.
- Thorough knowledge of and/or ability to learn the campus and UC Botanical Garden services and products.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing mediums and funding sources.
- Strong skills in event and media activities management.
- Skill in mentoring less experienced staff.
Salary & Benefits
Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
This is a career, 100% full-time, 40-hours per week appointment, eligible for full UC benefits.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=33340&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |