Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Financial Analyst 4 (7710U), Admin & Finance Immediate Office 35032
University of California, Berkeley
Financial Analyst 4 (7710U), Admin & Finance Immediate Office 35032
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
The Division of Administration supports Berkeley's academic mission through strategic policy and managerial leadership of operations. Comprised of twelve distinct departments and the Vice Chancellor's immediate office, the division employs staff in service, technical, clerical, management, professional, and police roles.
Berkeley Regional Services (BRS) provides reliable, high-quality administrative support to faculty, academics, staff, student employees, and retirees in support of UC Berkeley's mission. BRS provides a full suite of business, human resources and academic personnel, and research administration services that support University operations and compliance. BRS comprises five regions dedicated to schools, colleges, and administrative units, and a small central team providing support to regional leadership and staff. BRS is under the sponsorship of Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost, Vice Chancellor of Research, and Vice Chancellor of Administration. Each region is administered by an academic leader serving as Regional Associate Dean and a Regional Director with responsibility for day-to-day operations.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: May 19, 2022
Responsible for the BRS budget planning and monitoring.
- Applies advanced professional concepts to perform complex technical analysis to understand past performance and determine present and future performance and / or resource allocations. Coordinates the gathering of budgetary and resource requirements information during planning stages, such as the annual budget process and quarterly forecast.
- Responsible for providing analytical support for highly complex budget, financial, and resource projects dealing directly with the regional directors and / or outside constituents.
- Leads the quarterly SAS115 key controls in BRS and guide all the regions on monitoring their financials. Makes recommendations on maintaining and strengthening internal controls to protect University resources. Reviews and approves advanced financial transactions. Leads the fiscal close in BRS.
Gathers, analyzes, prepares, and summarizes recommendations for complex financial and / or resource plans, including annual resource allocation approaches, trended future requirements, operating forecasts, sources and uses, etc. Examples include:
- Revisit, redesign, and maintain BRS metrics model which is a complex and multi-layer strategic planning tool.
- Space related financial planning, such as tenants MOUs and charges.
Applies advanced knowledge of industry practices and organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to resolve highly complex or difficult assignments. In addition to being the financial analyst for BRS, assists the CFO of Administration to:
- Conduct complex divisional analysis - Administer the divisional payroll suspense, including review monthly and coordinate with departments to clean up any deficits.
- Manage special projects for division's short-term and long-term financial planning.
- Train and guide new financial staff.
- Perform as the back-up for various departments' financial operations.
- Serve as the VC's Office back-up approver (when CFO is not available) for senior level activities in systems such as BearBuy, Reimbursement, Travel and Entertainment, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of finance policies, practices, and systems.
- Ability to identify, collect, and analyze information from multiple sources.
- Advanced ability to effectively present complex finance related information both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- In depth ability to use multiple spreadsheet and database software tools to gather information for specialized, complex financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports.
- Advanced interpersonal skills at all levels within the organization; advanced service orientation and critical thinking skills; and attention to detail. In depth ability to use organizational skills to solve problems in a high volume environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to function as a member of a team.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
- College degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Advanced degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
Referral Source info
This job is part of the Employee Referral Program. If a UC Berkeley employee is referring you, please ensure you select the Referral Source of "UCB Employee" and then enter the employee's Name and Berkeley email address in the Specific Referral Source field. Please enter only one name and email.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=35032&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |