Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Campus Safety Sergeant
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Serves as the first point-of-contact for callers and walk-in customers requesting service from the WPI Police Department.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Advises, directs and interprets emergency calls for service and initiates police, fire an emergency medical response, as needed, to incidents.
- Monitors intrusion, duress, fire and card access alarms and notifies and directs the appropriate personnel to respond. Also monitors police scanner from the Worcester Police Department and advises WPI police patrol personnel of emergency types of calls occurring in the general WPI peripheral property area.
- Operates a multi-line telephone system, emergency telephone system, and directs calls to appropriate personnel, providing information as requested.
- Documents all pertinent information relating to incidents on campus, personnel matters, etc. on the computerized incident reporting management system. (police log)
- Compiles and provides a statistical data report to the Chief (when requested).
- Receives and relays LEAPS terminal information to appropriate police personnel.
- Prepares and submits work orders to plant services department (when applicable).
- Initiates (and documents) employee call-backs for maintenance emergencies, after normal business hours.
- Initiates telephone notifications to various University officials in the event emergencies or other critical incidents, as directed by the on-duty supervisor.
- Updates all emergency response manuals; alarm codes and applicable policy manuals kept at the dispatch desk.
- Responsible for dispensing keys to authorized persons following prescribed sign-out and retrieval procedures.
- Receives and controls "administrative journal (police log) entries" for lost and found property.
- Supervises student dispatch assistants (when applicable).
- Performs several tasks related to the parking program to include the issuance of parking decals; the collection of fines; the filing of applications and citations and the data entry that is related to the violations that are issued.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Typing and computer skills are required. Familiar with Access Control/automated records management systems.
- Must also successfully pass an on-the-job training program.
- Must be dependable, honest and possess excellent written communications and interpersonal communication skills.
- Three Letters of Reference.
WPI requires that all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted. For additional information, please go to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi/health-and-safety/vaccine-information
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Dispatcher_R0002290
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |