The Office of Financial Aid processes more than $75M annually to assist students with their financial needs while in attendance at Tufts University School of Medicine. Approximately 80% of students who attend require some type of financial assistance. The Office of Financial Aid serves both graduate and professional students who are enrolled in the School of Medicine and/or Friedman School of Nutrition seeking various degrees. The Office of Financial Aid plays a vital role with counseling and serving the needs of students, providing financial literacy, and determining eligibility while maintaining a strong commitment to compliance.
What You'll Do
The Associate Director is responsible for assistance with the financial literacy program, oversight of the day-to-day office operations, providing leadership to staff, and maintaining a client caseload.
- Assists with triaging problems and creating work plans to meet timelines
- Counsels and advises families about the application process, reviews eligibility, performs needs analysis, awards aid in compliance with federal and institutional policies
- Provides support in the development of both short- and long-term plans and office policies and procedures
- Trains new staff and may delegate and monitor the work of others
- Leads financial aid projects
- Conducts financial aid presentations to prospective and enrolled students
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of financial aid experience, and comprehensive understanding of federal regulations and policies.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Title IV loan repayment and counseling skills are critical.
- Superior interpersonal, customer service and communication skills (both written and oral) organizational skills flexibility the ability to multi-task and work within an industry that is constantly changing strong public speaking skills the ability to work independently and effectively within a team environment.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office, Powerfaids software including queries and report writing, and federal systems (COD, CPS FAA Access, NSLDS) are essential. Experience utilizing video conferencing applications such as Zoom, Webex, Microsoft Teams, for organizational and/or counseling purpose.
- Master's Degree, supervisory experience, experience with health profession students and Title VII regulations, working with online degree programs, experience working independently in a remote capacity preferred.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
During peak cycles, evening and extended hours will be required occasional business-related travel as needed. While this position is 80% remote at this time, the selected individual will be required to visit the office weekly and as needed.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.