Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website.
What You'll Do
The Senior Application Administrator will provide high-level technical support to several Tufts university School of Dental Medicine (YUSDM) applications. Responsible for the overall architecture, maintenance, configuration, data integrations, and integrity of the application administration to facilitate IT service delivery. In addition, the Senior Application Administrator will recommend and implement strategies to improve performance of application and services. Provide technical leadership, coaching, and training to junior staff.
Occasional evening or weekend work, as well as the ability to participate in a 24x7 on call rotation for major incident support activities.
This job involves responsibilities that are performed in a remote working environment. On occasion staff will be required to come to campus so must be within 2 hours driving distance.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired through a Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of experience managing enterprise class applications
- Work closely with program directors, project managers and stakeholders to design and develop working solutions that are aligned with design principles, governance, resources and project plans to achieve successful outcomes
- Broad knowledge of application architectures and environments
- Extensive hands-on experience with installing, configuring, and deploying enterprise applications and services
- Vast experience with application administration, complex data integrations, and application support
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve requests and issues in a highly complex environment
- Proficient with application UI's and core business processes with the ability to trace issues back to the underlying technical environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with customers and stakeholders across the organization
- Strong skills to facilitate, coordinate, communicate (verbally and written), and oversee all aspects of application support and delivery while providing world class customer service
- Competent in Windows and Linux environments
- Strong RDMS, SQL, and PL/SQL skills for Oracle and SQL Server
- Experience with Crystal Reports
- Leadership skills with the ability to technically steer projects through all stages of a project and software development life cycle
Minimum $91,100.00, Midpoint $113,900.00, Maximum $136,700.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.