This position is located in Groton, MA. This is a part-time position, working 21 hours per week.
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. Tufts Dental Facilities for Persons with Special Needs (TDF) is a network of seven outpatient clinics that provides dental care to approximately 7,000 developmentally disabled patients in the state of Massachusetts under the umbrella of TUSDM and in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) and the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services (DDS). Additional patient treatment is provided in the operating room setting at four affiliated hospitals within the state. The TDF program also provides a venue for teaching General Practice Residents through the Tufts GPR Program and 4th year dental students from TUSDM.
What You'll Do
Provides preventive care of patients at the Groton clinic including prophylaxis, scaling and root planning, curettage, placing sealants, and applying fluoride varnish; Reviews and updates medical histories including the documentation of clinical information relating to patient care; Works with the dental provider in coordinating and scheduling an effective treatment plan for each patient; Responsible for developing and maintaining an accurate hygiene recall system; Maintaining professional and complete progress notes in the electronic health record. All duties are subject to the provisions allowed by the Massachusetts Dental Practice Act.
What We're Looking For
- 0-1 years related experience
- Vocational/Technical training or Associates Degree
- A Dental Hygiene License or MA Dentist License
- Familiarity with dental software, email and Microsoft Word
- Ability to lift 25 lbs with or without accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years related experience.
- Experienced in treatment of patients with special healthcare needs, specifically patients with cognitive and developmental deficits.
- Ability to work with patient’s parents, guardians, and care givers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Should be a team-leader, self-motivated, well organized and have the ability to manage his/her time efficiently.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Tues, Wed, Thurs.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.