The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Banquet Supervisor position within the Dining Services Department.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
Medical, dental, and vision options
Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Banquet Supervisor position is responsible for carrying out the details of assigned catered events on all campus locations as set by the Catering Manager. These job duties include; set-up, service, and clean-up of catered functions, supervising the staff, training of staff and student staff, and cleaning and maintaining catering storage areas, ordering and inventory. The banquet supervisor duties include ensuring that meals and events held on campus at the University run smoothly to exceed the customer’s expectations.
1. This position is responsible for the carrying out the details of each catered event as designed and written by the Catering Manager. Duties to include; set-up of rooms/spaces and table specific to customer’s orders, ensuring accuracy of items ordered by client as well as their readiness and presence in a prompt fashion, keeping standards of service, organize and/or direct wait staff throughout service and clean-up of events and meals, assigning deliveries.
2. This position is responsible for training and supervising the, student and temporary staffs. Duties to include; instruction of daily catering tasks, training, keeping track of schedule in the absence of the Catering Manager, and coordinating and covering deliveries each day. Coach, develop and train students as wait staff and student managers who represent the University’s Dining Services and Catering.
3. To maintain all catering storage areas of the Saint Paul Campus. Duties to include; cleaning, organizing, inventory of stock, placing orders or notifying proper manager when stock is needed. Success in this area will require being aware of future events and ensuring the proper amount of staff is on hand to carry out the customer’s needs.
4. This position will be responsible for alcohol service and security.
5. This position will be responsible for cash handling for cash bars and cash food sales.
6. Food Service Policies: A Banquet Supervisor will adhere to these written policies and enforce them with the staff on the University campus. Each person under their responsibility should be issued a policy statement, review the information with the staff and then they are to sign the document and be given a copy.
7. All food service staff are required to follow the Health Department codes and regulations. Instructing and training staff in the proper cleaning methods and following the guidelines set by the university are an important part of our positions as food providers.
8. Customer service driven; enjoy working with students/staff/clients. Coordinate staff and events to accommodate expectations of any and all clients.
High School education or the equivalent
Two years of experience working in large-scale institutional food setting
Must possess, or be able to obtain within 6 months of hire, a valid certification as a food manager with the State of Minnesota
Preferred experience in preparation and volume cooking in a hotel, resort, restaurant, or university setting
Leadership skills, training and mentoring on the job
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer