Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Office Manager/Program Assistant, School of Social Work
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The School of Social Work
seeks an Office Manager/Program Assistant
who requires strong professional judgement, independent resourcefulness, and excellent problem solving skills. This individual must be a self-motivated professional who requires minimal supervision and is able to work both independently and as part of a team. The Office Manager/Program Assistant must be able to organize tasks and follow to completion. Along with being a welcomed professional, joining a diverse team of faculty and staff who embody the schools mission, vision and goals.
Responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the school’s main office.
- Support the Vice Dean/Chief of Staff.
- Responsible for project management of UB’s Social Impact Fellows (SIF) program, a collaborative initiative between the schools of Social Work, Management and College of Arts & Science.
- Coordinate faculty adjunct appointment documentation process.
- Coordinate and manage the school’s communications initiatives.
- Coordinate and manage school events and Event Management System (EMS).
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in an office setting
- Must be proficient with Microsoft products, particularly Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information
- At least two years’ experience in an academic setting office
- Experience with University operating systems including space request system (EMS), Shop Blue; and Advance
- Experience with CMS/website management system and communications responsibilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management
- Event communication and support
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |