The Prasad Lab at Auburn University is seeking a Research Associate-Il/lll / Research Fellow l/ll to work in a multidisciplinary team comprising of scientists working in area of environmental nutrient management, soil fertility, and precision irrigation. The individual in this position will coordinate the laboratory and field experiments related to irrigation, cover crops, nutrient budgets, and Edge-of- Field runoff losses under the supervision of Dr. Rishi Prasad. The successful candidate is expected to be highly organized, personable, enthusiastic, willing to travel and stay overnight for research related projects. Preference will be given to candidate with experience in H-Flumes, auto samplers, data collection for water quality parameters, familiarity with laboratory procedures for water, soil and plant analysis, and experience with phosphorus modeling using APEX or SWAT.
This is a four year limited term position and is funded from external sources. Continuation of employment is contingent upon availability of funds.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain equipment related to Edge-of-Field runoff losses at research sites at several locations in Alabama.
- Travel to collect water, plant, and soil samples at research sites throughout the state.
- Operate analytical instruments such as ICP-AES, discrete analyzer, and perform laboratory analysis.
- Maintain sample chain of custody and perform data quality control and quality assurance.
- Assist graduate students in their research work and supervise undergraduate student workers.
- Help organize field days, workshops, or any other extension activities when required.
- Assist with data analysis, writing reports, and preparing manuscript for submission to peer reviewed journal.