The Client Technologies Analayst is the subject matter expert and escalation point for advanced problem resolution. This position is responsible for configuration and administration of enterprise endpoint device deployment, management, and security monitoring solutions.
- Support and troubleshoot mission-critical systems and services on a 24/7 basis.
- Design, develop, and implement Windows/macOS services.
- Solve complex systems and service problems: Develop unique approaches to complicated problems where diagnostic data is incomplete, absent, or contradictory, and where there may be no precedent or solution.
- Enterprise management of workstations and accounts using Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM, JAMF, and scripting tools.
- Must have excellent communication skills and good customer relationship skills.
- Provide customer support: Fulfill service requests according to departmental policies.
- Communicate with management, staff, and customers: Communicate work status, alerts, and service notifications tailored to the needs of specific audiences.
Technical Support Development
- Assists colleagues to foster knowledge transfer and skill development.
- Recommends and implements appropriate changes to increase system security.
- Stays current with state-of-the-art technology.
All the duties listed below occur in a 24/7 environment; therefore, as part of your professional obligation, working extended hours, holidays & varied hours may be required.
The mission of UB Information Technology’s is "to advance UB’s mission of excellence in research, teaching, and service through the innovative and effective use of Information Technology." UBIT includes nearly 400 talented and collaborative professionals. UBIT supports the university’s goals for impactful research, educational experiences, engagement and economic development, and a 21st-century campus environment. To that end, UBIT partners with the campus community and leads the evaluation, implementation, and operation of all IT services.
It is a great time to join UBIT. Over the last four years, VPCIO and UBIT have focused on modernizing the core IT infrastructure. These strategic enhancements have resulted in a world-class technology environment. In addition, UBIT staff are highly skilled and motivated to succeed and have cutting-edge training and technical resources at their disposal.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
3 years of technical experience in the computer field, the experience should encompass many technical aspects of computing. Service management experience including project leadership and customer relationship management.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a technical field.
Experience in a university environment is desirable.