The Office of Financial Aid is seeking a Financial Aid Advisor that will serve as the primary contact for the university’s prospective and enrolled student population. As a Financial Advisor, you will:
- analyze and interpret policies and procedures in order to establish student eligibility for financial aid
- make financial aid decisions based on information reported on the student application
- recommend financial programs within established laws and guidelines
- certify financial aid eligibility
- authorize financial aid awards for payment
- be accountable for ensuring compliance with federal regulations
- generate reports to verify and reconcile financial aid data
- advise students and parents regarding the management of the student’s personal finances
- develop and implement financial aid workshops and outreach programs for students and parents
- interact with other student service departments and other business offices to ensure that financial needs of students are being met and will make necessary referrals to other student service offices
- participate in financial aid events, including night and weekend events.
Overnight travel may be required.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; evenings and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of related experience.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
Master’s Degree and higher education experience.