Considered one of the leading visual arts and design schools in the nation, UNT’s College of Visual Arts and Design is home to more than 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students in NASAD and CIDA accredited programs including the BA, BFA, MA, and MFA in art education, art history, ceramics, communication design, drawing and painting, fashion design, interaction design, interdisciplinary art and design studies, interior design, metalsmithing and jewelry, new media art, photography, printmaking, sculpture, and user-experience design, with certification offered in art museum education, and a Ph.D. offered in art education. It includes the Department of Art Education, Department of Art History, Department of Design, Foundations Program, Interdisciplinary Art and Design Studies Program, and Department of Studio Art. Additional information about the college and university can be found online: cvad.unt.edu and www.unt.edu.
This position is responsible for assisting the TFC Director in daily operations and associated projects. This includes both administrative tasks, such as purchases and travel, as well as
those more specific to the TFC, such as registration, organization, and care for the collection.
Additional Posting Details
Bachelor’s Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex
nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned
- Supervisory skills.
Completed undergraduate degree in an arguably relevant discipline.