Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Dining Retail Manager
Tufts Dining is a self-operated food service provider managing a comprehensive collegiate dining program on the Tufts University Medford/Somerville and SMFA/Fenway campus, delivering high quality, contemporary and innovative food, and hospitality services to meet the various needs of students, staff, faculty, administrators, and visitors in a fiscally responsible manner. Our team provides a progressive resident dining program as well as innovative retail services, and a distinctive university catering program serving a campus community comprised of 6000 undergraduates, 2100 graduate students, and 2300 staff, faculty and administrators.
What You'll Do
- The Dining Retail Manager is responsible for the effective management of multiple retail dining units including financial accountability, personnel management, staff development, customer satisfaction, marketing and promotional initiatives, and program development.
- Provides leadership, driving quality, and efficiency in the areas of customer service, food production, menu development, product selection, quality control, sanitation, housekeeping, merchandising, marketing, and promotions.
- The Dining Retail Manager is responsible for inventory control, product forecasting, and food and supplies ordering.
- Monitors operating procedures, hires, supervises, and provides training as needed.
- Implements and evaluates products/service offerings.
- The Dining Retail Manager is responsible for compliance with department quality standards and local ordinances and university policies.
- Through others and personally, takes care of the needs of a high volume of customers while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Handles cash appropriately and operates and troubleshoots the department POS system as needed.
- Teaches others to operate the system and learn how to navigate the back of the house POS system.
- The Dining Retail Manager oversees proper merchandising and marketing materials within each unit.
- Other duties include scheduling, product evaluation, and attending meetings.
What We're Looking For
- Associates degree in business, hospitality, or food service management
- Significant retail marketing experience. 2-5 years of food service management experience with at least 3 years managing high volume retail food service
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and leadership skills and demonstrate professionalism, sophistication, patience, and a proven ability to manage stressful situations
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, effectively supervise staff and work collaboratively with peers
- Ability to allocate and balance resources among multiple outlets
- The successful candidate will be detail-oriented with proven talent in marketing, merchandising, product selection, retail menu development and retail sales
- Experienced managing retail food service financials and budgets
- ServSafe Certification
- Working knowledge of FoodPro or other automated food production systems.
- Purchasing experience in retail environment
- Culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance
- Manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- Associates degree in culinary arts preferred or a combination of work and experience
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- This job involves responsibilities that are performed in an on-site working environment
- Flexible work schedule:
- Weekends, evening, and some holiday work is expected when classes are in session and periodically during the summer
- Schedule is subject to change based on the needs of the business
- A 50+ work week is anticipated during the academic terms
- Travel will occur in the form of professional development, advanced skills training, or to conduct research
- While based at a specific Retail Office, will be expected to visit other dining locations regularly as well as attend meetings on all three campuses
Join Tufts University today to take advantage of our wonderful benefits package. In addition to various health, dental, and vision plans, tuition remission, retirement plans with strong contributions, life insurance, long term disability, commuter benefits, and many other perks and discounts!
Minimum $52,600.00, Midpoint $65,750.00, Maximum $78,900.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |