Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
General Maintenance - HVAC & Plumbing 6:00am-2:30pm
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning/Plumber who will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by working on the heating, ventilation, cooling, and refrigeration systems that control the temperature and air quality in the campus buildings.
General Statement of Job:
- This position is responsible for the operation, repair, maintenance, and installation of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems. In addition, this Technician position is responsible for repairs, maintains, updates, and remodels all plumbing systems, pools, domestic water, drainage, sanitary sewer, and fire protection.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan Intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Installs, inspects, tests, operates, and repairs all refrigeration and related equipment for preserving food, making ice, cooling water, air conditioning, heating, and ventilation
- Calibrates, repairs, and maintains all pneumatic control systems and related equipment
- Services, repairs, rewires, and calibrates electric controls
- Checks, services, cleans, and replaces filters in all A/C air handling and heating units and documents the same
- Cleans and maintains grills, ducts, and shaft ways in A/C, ventilating, and exhaust systems
- Understands and demonstrates knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and refrigeration codes and practices, coordinates work between and with other trades
- Interprets schematic drawings, plans, specifications, and diagrams relating to the installation, repair, and/or maintenance of equipment
- Performs on-call duties, as they are scheduled, and maintains communication status when on-call
- Completes preventative maintenance as scheduled and records the same
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs various plumbing and steam systems utilizing such tools as a sewer camera and heavy-duty sewer/drain machine
- May perform servicing, testing, inspections, and repairs on a variety of equipment including water softeners, steam vaults, steam valves, street mains, medical gas systems, hot and cold loops, boilers, and chillers
- Repairs and maintains plumbing, replacing water filters and defective valves and washers, replacing, or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains
- Assembles pipe sections, tubing, and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, and welding equipment
- Cuts openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools
- Fills pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observes pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks
- Hangs steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place
- Installs pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, pumps, appliances such as dishwashers, garbage disposals, and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools
- Measures, cuts, threads, and bends pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines
- May perform water treatments; treats closed loop water systems, cooling towers, chilled water, and heating systems by collecting and testing water samples; adds appropriate chemicals to maintain correct levels and balances
- May perform limited abatement work on an as needed basis
- Researches and specifies repair parts from manuals and computer sources.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts to optimize reliability and value.
- Responds to any emergency repair/maintenance situation as required
- Maintains critical inventory needed to keep operations running; maintains and accounts for tools used
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including general building maintenance duties
- Responds to any emergency as required and is responsible for snow removal as assigned
- Attend all department training sessions.
- On call responsibilities may exist.
- Employee MUST follow all University and departmental rules, regulations/policies, and procedures.
- Employee must perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- Effective oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated accuracy, thoroughness and quality of work.
- Highly motivated, self-directed work ethic
- Ability to identify and problem solve in an effective manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and leadership
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |