Parking and Transportation Services Parking Services Attendants offer customer service, parking guidance and enforcement for safe and orderly parking throughout the campuses.
• Contribute to customer service efforts by providing directions and assistance to student, faculty, staff, guests and visitors to UB. Must be courteous and pleasant in responding to inquiries. Such inquiries may regard parking fees, permits, enforcement, busing/shuttles, special events, and locations of personnel/offices. Must courteously and accurately relate information and have thorough knowledge of university geography/operations.
• Issue parking permits and collect fees (where applicable) from faculty, staff, students, and visitors who seek to utilize campus parking and visitor services. Assist with parking meter collections. Maintain adequate supplies, i.e. change, register receipts, receipt books, etc. Record and deposit daily fees to Student Accounts. Records and deposit documents must be up-to-date and in order. Complete daily closeout report each day; reporting the data in a neat and organized manner, in accordance with department guidelines.
• Provides parking guidance, information, collects fees for parking at campus special events. Greet attendees with a courteous, pleasant, and helpful demeanor.
• Enforce parking rules and regulations throughout the campuses. Assist motorists in need of assistance, executing the services outlined within the motorist assist program. Utilize fleet vehicles to travel on campus and from campus-to-campus.
• Be responsible for general maintenance of parking booth and lot equipment. Must contact supervisor or appropriate university personnel to correct equipment malfunctions in a timely manner.
• Assist the Grounds department with parking lot maintenance, with visual inspections and striping.
• Provide lot capacity counts and reports. Also, monitor abuse and problems within the lot, advising supervisor where appropriate.
• Perform additional duties/tasks as deemed appropriate by department.
About Parking and Transportation Services
The Parking and Transportation Services is dedicated to balancing the demand of parking allocation and transportation alternatives to best serve the UB community. Our key services include providing inter- and intra-campus transportation (including parking shuttles), enforcing parking regulations and promoting more sustainable transportation options.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/state/csea.htmlbenefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.