Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Financial Director
in Business Services
at the University at Buffalo working under the strategic leadership of the Associate Vice President for Business Services and Controller provides oversight of the resource management and reporting functions for the Vice President of Finance and Administration (VPFA
Key Responsibilities you will be responsible for include:Financial Strategy and Planning:
- Collaborate with divisional liaisons to develop and implement financial strategies aligned with the university’s objectives, ensuring long-term financial sustainability.
- Lead the compilation of annual budgets, financial forecasts, and multi-year financial plans, incorporating input from various stakeholders
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Oversee the review and distribution of accurate and timely financial reports, providing insights to unit leadership.
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis to identify trends, risks, and opportunities, advising on strategic decisions and resource allocation.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant financial policy, standards, and reporting requirements.
- Develop and implement robust internal controls to mitigate financial risks.
Financial Operations and Process Enhancement:
- Oversee day-to-day financial operations of Business Services division, including purchasing, accounts payable, payroll, and other financial transactions, ensuring efficiency and accuracy and compliance with financial policy.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to streamline financial workflows and optimize operational performance.
Leadership and Team Management:
- Lead and mentor a finance professional, providing guidance, coaching, and development opportunities.
- Cultivate a culture of collaboration, accountability, and excellence.
- Engage with unit liaisons and other stakeholders to develop, report, and analyze performance and financial health metrics.
- Analyze staffing levels and provide support for university benchmarking reporting.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience. An equivalent combination of experience and education will also be considered.
- Experience in financial management, strong leadership and strategic planning abilities.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and relationship-building skills.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |