This is a part-time position, working 24 hours per week.
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. The Medical and Dental Billing team, Clinic Billing Operations, along with other members of the Finance and Administration team, supports the financial management and administration of the dental school. This position reports directly to the Billing Manager and works closely with the school clinics it supports: UG/PG, Tufts Dental Facilities and Diagnostic Sciences: Craniofacial Pain and Sleep Center, Oral Medicine, Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology.
Clinic Billing Operations (CBO) remotely supports patient care services billing for the Pre-doctoral, Postgraduate and Specialty clinical treatment areas of the School, as well as any needed billing support for IRB clinical study patients and maintaining CITI certification. The Postgraduate Clinics (residents) are the Specialty Clinics, which includes: Endodontics, Orthodontics, Periodontics, Prosthodontics, Pedodontics, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, AEGD, Implant Center, Geriatric and Aesthetics.
What You'll Do
Under limited supervision, the Billing Coordinator is responsible for providing AR and claims metrics to support daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue and collections goals; timely reviewing of codes for accuracy; accurate timely creation and submission of claims to dental/medical insurance companies; timely resubmission and/or appealing denied claims; posting payments and adjustments; answering complex patient billing inquiries and accurate timely reviewing and working aging accounts. Works in conjunction with Clinic Analyst, Staff Accountant and other billing team members to accurately reconcile patient accounts, performing other billing and/or Finance related duties, to assist in revenue cycle management.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree/Associate’s Degree OR High School degree/GED and 3+ years of experience in the finance field or in a related area and dental/medical healthcare knowledge.
- Needs to be driven, Excel knowledge, innovative, independent, self-starter, a leader, team player, analytical intelligence, self-disciplined, exceptional attention to detail, healthcare business or insurance knowledge, ability to effectively communicate technical information, aptitude and willingness to learn and drive change.
- Dental coder certification (CDC) required, or within 1 year of hire date.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Certified Dental Coder (CDC) applicant with 4 - 6 years of medical/dental insurance coding/billing.
- Proven compliant dental/medical healthcare financial, treatment planning or billing coordination, insurance benefits: eligibility, limitations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of third-party billing.
- Excel expert.
- Knowledge of MassHealth and Medicare regulations and guidelines, as well as commercial dental/medical insurance coding/billing practices.
- Familiarity with ADA codes, CPT Codes and ICD-10 Codes.
- Experience in a fast-paced dental/medical setting.
- Working software knowledge: axiUm.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
PT 24-hours: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday