Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Administrative Assistant, Counseling Center
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the Counseling Center. Reporting to the Director, the Administrative assistant will serve as the first point of contact for students, staff, faculty, parents and visitors seeking to engage with the office. From scheduling appointments, managing case files, and coordinating referrals to managing the office's online presence, the Administrative Assistant will play a critical role in supporting students at Simmons.
The ideal candidate has experience fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment, sensitive to students with mental health struggles. This candidate will be able to work in a confidential setting with professionalism and discretion. As a University committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, we seek candidates who embody these values and are successful working across a broad spectrum of individual identities including personal, social, and otherwise.
- Respond to telephone, walk-in, and email inquiries and requests for mental health care, assessing and referring urgent calls and situations to clinical staff;
- Schedule student appointments utilizing an electronic medical record;
- Provide general information to parents, faculty, and staff about our services as well as the limits of confidentiality;
- Provide community referrals to students who prefer to seek care outside of the center, including following up with students and encouraging follow through;
- Facilitate communication between the hospital, the Counseling Center, and the Dean's Office when students have been hospitalized;
- Oversee and manage the daily administration of the office including ordering supplies, maintaining student files, and managing a database of community providers;
- Manage general office communication including updating the center's website, administering satisfaction surveys, and collaborating with the Outreach Coordinator on programming;
- Run and report on key center metrics including usage;
- Provide administrative support to the Director and other clinical staff;
- Recruit, train, onboard and support clinical interns;
- Represent the Counseling Center at various campus based events;
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience;
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant professional or internship experience;
- Experience working in a medical or mental health clinic preferred, experience in higher education a plus;
- Experience with electronic health records preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal, and interpersonal;
- Proven ability to work with a diverse array of individuals while fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Administrative-Assistant--Counseling-Center_R07652
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |