Required License or Certification
Certification/Licensure American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certification American Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR/AED Instructor Certification National Swimming Pool Foundation Certified Pool Operator Certification
Primary Purpose of Position
Oversees the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and administration of the University’s aquatic facility
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees and coordinates the recruitment, training, scheduling, certification, and performance of student employees of the facility; supervises the day-to-day activities of staff and custodial employees.
2. Oversees and coordinates the administration of the facility, to include scheduling of facility operations and contract management.
3. Oversees the maintenance of the pools, to include chemistry, climate control, cleanliness, and related maintenance.
4.Ensures that all appropriate water, environmental, health and safety standards are maintained; ensures pools are in compliance with all local, state and national requirements and current on all necessary certifications required for operation.
5. Develops, implements, and oversees a variety of aquatics programs for students, faculty, staff, and/or members of the general public.
6. Participates in and teaches aquatic and safety certification training sessions as necessary.
7. Develops and maintains records of operational facility usage; monitors and maintains inventory of pool equipment and supplies.
8 Prepares statistical reports on a monthly basis. Also prepares data and narrative for inclusion in annual reports.
9. Other assigned tasks