Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Business Systems Analyst (7584U), Berkeley IT - 35021
University of California, Berkeley
Business Systems Analyst (7584U), Berkeley IT - 35021
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Campus Applications & Data / Student Information System (SIS) is a unit within Berkeley IT. The unit provides application systems development and best practices for enterprise and unit-specific application software in support of administrative functions, academic functions, and public service. The goal of the Student Information System (SIS) Organization is to maintain and improve the newly implemented student systems. The system includes admissions, enrollment, registration, financial aid, student accounts, advising, and a student portal. Work includes system improvements and service enhancements to better meet the needs of the campus community.
Berkeley IT believes in and fosters a workplace environment where people can bring their diverse skills, perspectives and experiences toward achieving our goals through a process of critical inquiry, discovery, innovation, while simultaneously committing to making positive contributions towards the betterment of our world.
In addition, members of the Berkeley IT community have created and endorse the following values for our organization to augment and amplify the campus principles:
We champion diversity.
We act with integrity.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are more than just suggestions for us. They are the guiding principles underlying how we come together, develop leaders at all levels of the organization, and create an environment that unites us. We affirm the dignity of all individuals, call upon our leaders to address critical issues with integrity and intention, respect our differences as well as our commonalities, and strive to uphold a just community free from discrimination and hate.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: May 13, 2022.
- Applies technical expertise and business analysis concepts to identify, evaluate, and define complex systems scope, objectives, and procedures with an understanding of applicable business practices, processes, systems and industry standards to meet end-user needs.
- Creates complex specifications for systems to meet end-user requirements, negotiating with stakeholders when necessary. Involved in developing complex user interface designs.
- Plans and writes test plans; executes smoke, unit integration, regression, and user acceptance testing.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to address complex business or systems issues.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes business and user needs, documenting requirements and revising existing system and process logic issues as necessary.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for approval of business process and procedural documentation.
- Recommends and implements changes in processes and procedures.
- Supports Senior Business Systems Analysts (BSAs) on system modules as needed, including performing general system maintenance, configuration, production support, and data clean up tasks.
- Participates in incident/problem management and intake.
- Analyzes, reviews, categorizes, addresses, and provides customer support for Tier 2 using the ticketing system, escalating to Senior BSAs as needed.
- Facilitates key meetings.
- Attends cross-team meetings as a representative for the BSA team, reporting back or escalating issues as needed.
- Provides user support and training on new applications, as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of business and process analysis functions.
- In-depth understanding and skill in process and systems requirement documentation standards, such as Use Case modeling, User Story creation, and narrative description.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines. Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of business processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Interpersonal and communications skills to work with both technical and nontechnical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Thorough knowledge of related areas of IT.
- Strong skills and knowledge of methodologies associated with analysis of processes and problems, information flow, and architecture.
- Broad knowledge relating to software design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or ability to learn PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, student portal or self-service, and student lifecycle.
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
This position is eligible for hybrid or full remote work (telecommuting) based on candidate availability and business needs.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=35021&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |