Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Assistant Coach, Women's Volleyball
Assistant Coach, Women's Volleyball
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: FY2300116
Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
Division: Finance & Administration
Starting salary range is $35,079 to $38,587. The initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
The Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in planning, managing, and evaluating all aspects of the Lee College program. The Assistant Coach is required to teach, train, and condition members of the intercollegiate team. The Assistant Coach is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Lee College, Region 14, and NJCAA.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend team practices ensuring equipment and practice facilities are set up and removed.
- Assist Head Coach with on-court coaching during practice and games, including preparation.
- Assist Head Coach in promoting sophomore student-athletes in securing four year scholarships through written, phone, and/or personal communications.
- Assist Head Coach with summer camps.
- Assist in monitoring classroom attendance.
- Offer proper motivation and guidance for student-athletes to achieve academic success and behavior on and off the courts.
- Scout defined areas and attend high school games as assigned.
- Help evaluate talent and skill levels of potential recruits, as well as member of the team.
- Assist Head Coach with contacting recruits: email, direct mail, text messages, telephone contact, and personal visits for both athletes and parents.
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure best athlete and administrative outcomes.
- Scout opposing teams as assigned.
Event Management (prior to event):
- Schedule staff for event, get worker money from cashiers, and prepare tickets and signs.
- Reserve locker rooms for opposing team and officials.
- Prepare the Sound Room (Music for warm-up, National Anthem, half-time, and time-outs).
- Set up the ticket office/entrance, prepare complimentary list for ticket takers, stock register with money, display prices and passes honored, and put ticket signs outside arena.
- Set up scorer's table, chairs, microphone with extra batter, collect necessary announcement documents (e.g., rosters, announcements for sponsors, etc.).
- Set up camera and connection for live streaming.
Supervise Study Room:
- Monitor and tutor all student-athletes for a minimum of eight (8) hours per week.
- Market special events/promotions such as: half-time promotions (local organizations), school and company nights, tournaments, and non-Lee College games (e.g., high school play-offs).
- Provide sports information (e.g., newspaper, scores on the website, statistics, and announcements).
- Provide campus outreach through community service and school visits with athletes.
- Participate in activities for campus involvement (e.g., Faculty/Staff/Student nights).
- Act as emergency contact for athletes and Lee College departments.
- Communicate with college maintenance and other departments, as necessary.
- Submit weekly apartment check documents for damage and cleanliness.
- Check for curfew and loitering violations periodically.
- Document apartment policy violations and assist with their correction.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree
- Three (3) years of related work experience
- CPR/AED/First Aid certified or the ability to become certified within six (6) months of employment
- Knowledge of basic principles of coaching/team supervision
- Ability to effectively coordinate recruiting activities
- Ability to effectively motivate, teach, and supervise student-athletes
- Ability to maintain team discipline and install proper ethical and moral standards
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with students and peers
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to travel in and outside of the Lee College service area
- Must be able to work early mornings, evenings, weekends as needed
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Kinesiology or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/3696152/assistant-coach-womens-volleyball
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |