Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
University of San Francisco
Working under the supervision of the Design Manager, the Visual Designer will be part of the team that includes another visual designer, a senior visual designer, design manager, production manager, and a creative director, as well as small group of student design interns.
The visual designer partners with multiple teams within the Office of Marketing Communications and joins the multimedia team to round out the creative group within the marketing division at USF.
In this role, the visual designer will ideate and create on behalf of the university, working with the creative director, design manager, and act as a support to the senior visual designer, Projects will range from highly art directed to ones with more creative leeway while keeping within the brand identity of the university.
We're a service-oriented, in-house marketing office with a large campus-wide client base. We pride ourselves on producing award-winning work within a highly collaborative and positive environment. Though the position is housed in a design shop whose work is predominantly for print, our work also includes design for multimedia projects, including video, animation, online, mobile, and other digital applications.
Full Job Description:
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce top-tiered marketing materials for both print and digital formats that support student recruitment, fundraising, alumni relations, and other communication efforts, including the university magazine, admission recruitment materials, university events, and advertising.
- Create concepts and designs for print and digital projects, and other special projects, producing them to be print- or publish-ready, as coordinated by production manager and aligned to media specifications
- Provide layouts and printed comps to client managers and clients for approval with clear and well-informed design rationale
- Partner closely with the multimedia, client management, web communications, social, and editorial teams on a multitude of projects.
- Utilize conventional design software Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.) to create concepts and designs for publications (print and digital) as assigned
- Successfully handle up to 15+ projects simultaneously under deadline pressure and with an exceptional attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
- Provide detailed printing and mailing specs to production manager to secure price estimates
- Act as liaison to Graphic Center and Art & Architecture programs, USF's on-campus student-run design shop, and the OMC design department. Mentor the student designers that meet on a weekly basis, and make recommendations to Senior Designer for potential student intern candidates
- Part of team that advocates and upholds the USF brand identity, manages the logo assets library, and educates the campus community about the brand messaging, guidelines, and appropriate logo usage
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- At least two to five years of prior visual design experience
- Must have a strong design acumen and creative concepting
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects at varying stages of production
- Keen time management and communications skills
- Robust willingness to collaborate and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and effectively pitch creative concepts that appeal to a broad range of constituent groups from 16-year-old prospective students to 80-year-old alumni.
- Web development skills including HTML, CSS, and a familiarity with Drupal CMS or similar platform are preferred
- Editorial design, art direction, and social media design experience a plus
- Additional creative software expertise (video, animation, audio, etc.) a plus
- An understanding of usability and user-centric online design a plus
- Illustration, animation, and photography skills a plus
A cover letter, resume, and digital portfolio showcasing high-quality cross-platform examples.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Visual-Designer_R0001568-1.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |