University of Idaho
Off Campus Location - Gooding County Extension Office
Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
$14.32 per hour or higher depending on experience
Provide administrative support for the Gooding County Extension Office. Perform a wide variety of secretarial, receptionist, financial, and support functions. Apply detailed computer program knowledge and applications in developing and maintaining records, collecting information, and developing, preparing, producing, and distributing a variety of business documents that may contain technical, scientific, legal, administrative, budgetary, and standard information relating to the Extension programs. The employee will be the first point of contact in the county Extension office which includes answering the telephone, directing telephone and walk-in clientele to the appropriate faculty, personnel, or program, responding to routine inquires and explaining office services to customers. Employee will use a variety of computer operations to complete daily assignments.
- Experience in: Office support functions including word processing; desktop publishing; filing; composing a variety of business documents; telephone and face-to-face customer service; researching, compiling, and summarizing data for reports; financial record keeping methods.
- Experience with: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel, Access), social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), website maintenance.
- Experience: Interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services; independently solving problems/performing liaison activities to deal with individuals or resolve conflicts in a work setting; coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements; maintaining strict confidentiality at all times.
- Education: College degree in a related field or Business School graduate.
- Experience: Managing budgets which include responsibility for monitoring budget balances, approving expenditures, reconciling monthly statements, and providing input for budget development.
- Possess: Advanced computer skills such as web design and maintenance, spreadsheet management, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel, Word, Access, web, and accounting software; database experience to enter and retrieve information. Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to write concise reports.
- Experience with: Electronic mail distribution lists and web applications.
- Ability to: Work professionally with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and ages; perform detailed work. Bilingual capabilities (English-Spanish).
- Knowledge of: University of Idaho Extension programs.
- Demonstrated ability to: Be organized; be self-directed; follow instructions; complete assignments with minimal supervision; perform detailed work; apply good decision-making skills; work under stress, perform last minute duties under the pressure of deadlines.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise move heavy objects up to 25 pounds (Chairs, tables, heavy boxes, supplies, etc.).
- Willingness and ability to: Occasional work may be required in evenings and weekends and during fair time.
Open Until Filled:
First consideration will be given to those who apply by July 4, 2019. The position will remain open until a suitable applicant pool has been identified.
Position is .875 (35 hours/week) and includes full time benefits.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.