The University at Buffalo School of Nursing has a one (1) year temporary job opportunity as an Admissions Assistant who will be responsible for supporting students through the enrollment cycle.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assist prospective students with negotiating school and university application processes for the traditional and ABS program.
- Effectively communicate SON and university deadlines, and provide general academic advising to students regarding program requirements and minimum admission eligibility criteria.
- Stay updated on academic changes, particularly regarding new general education requirements in relation to the admissions process and prerequisite coursework.
- Coordinate the application review process (Traditional and RN/BS) for faculty according to minimum admission eligibility standards and track the review status of qualified applicants to undergraduate nursing programs.
- Facilitate the review of transfer credit not already articulated by the School of Nursing for possible equivalence to the undergraduate prerequisite requirements.
- Coordinate the onboarding process, monitor completion of acceptance requirements and assist in the delivery of orientation sessions for newly admitted undergraduate students.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.