Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts' mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts' campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website.
What You'll Do
As a member of the Data and Analytic Services team, the Senior Data Analytics Engineer will lead key data and analytics engineering initiatives, including end to end ownership for designing and deploying data solutions. The ideal candidate will have 5 years of technical experience and 1 to 3 years of experience building and maintaining complex data pipelines. The individual filling this highly visible position will be key to helping Tufts enhance our data platform in a way that enables data driven decisions, processes and insight to areas across the University. This position is eligible to work fully remotely.
What We're Looking For
- Skills and experience typically acquired through a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or a related field and 5+ years of related work experience
- Experienced using the Python programming language as an ETL tool in bringing in data from Enterprise Systems, API's, logs and other sources.
- A desire and ability to produce highly reliable, production grade systems.
- Proficient with SQL
- Familiarity with at least one relational database such as Oracle, SQL Server etc.
- Some experience using Git and Jira or similar tools
- Some experience working with Marketing or CRM applications such as Slate or HubSpot.
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experienced working with the various applications which make up the Hadoop ecosystem with particular emphasis on Hive and Spark.
- Any experience with Kafka a plus
- A strong desire to learn
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.