Golden West College - You Are Welcome Here!
Located in the coastal community of Huntington Beach, also known as "Surf City," Golden West College is regarded as one of the most beautiful campuses in Southern California. The college is highly regarded for academic quality and innovation. In its earliest years, the college was recognized for its pioneering leadership in designing learning-centered programs and services for its student body and continues in that tradition to this day.
Golden West College (GWC) has an unwavering commitment to quality education, equitable outcomes; inclusive practices; and racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity. Ideal candidates for all positions at our college share our devotion to educating and improving the lives of our representative student, employee, and community populations. At this time, our college enrolls approximately 12,000 students per term; 34% are Latinx, 29% are White, 26% are Asian, 2% are African-American, 2% are Filipino, 0.5% are Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, and 5% are multiracial. GWC is an officially designated Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and has an eligibility designation as an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI). GWC engages in regular professional development opportunities and partnerships so that we can best serve disproportionately impacted groups. Activities and connections include GWC's partnership with USC's Center for Urban Education; student and employee involvement in organizations like Puente, Student Veterans, and Gay Lesbian Alternative Straight Alliance (GLASA); a robust District Ally training program, including UndocuAlly (undocumented students), SafeZone (LGBTQ), Vet Net (veterans), and Ability Ally; and other equity minded programs; as well as a full calendar of culturally responsive events.
Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates functions and activities of the Guided Pathways Grant, including the implementation of the Guided Pathways Plan and the Dual Enrollment Plan in accordance with grant requirements. Manages plan activities and coordinates their implementation and evaluation by working with students, faculty, administrators, and educational partners.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Project Director, Guided Pathways and Dual Enrollment is a mid-management position having reporting relationship to assigned Dean or Vice President at the college. The Project Director will be accountable for implementing the components of the Guided Pathways Plan and the Dual Enrollment Plan
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
* Recommends objectives and goals, and develops and implements annual plans for the Guided Pathways Grant. Ensures consistency of plans and their implementation with the Guided Pathways requirements and other College and District plans.
* Facilitates the development of a five-year Guided Pathways Plan with annual updates to ensure all required plan elements are implemented and state-mandated outcomes are met.
* Develops and maintains local high school partnership agreements, in consultation with faculty, deans, and local high school administrators, that provide the most appropriate dual enrollment courses and schedule delivery of such courses and related services.
* Establishes standard of service delivery, specific, goals, and performance measures. Supervises, advises, and assists program staff to accomplish established goals in order to provide and improve all aspects of the program for the community.
* Monitors the implementation of the Guided Pathways Plan and the Dual Enrollment Plan plans and ensures the evaluation of their effectiveness; prepares public information materials for assigned projects.
* Provides leadership for continuous planning and implementation for expanding programs and services consistent with the AEBG objectives and programs.
* Recruits, selects, and supervises professional experts, and activity leaders to fulfill the Guided Pathways objectives, consistent with the grant annual plan.
* Develops and oversees a marketing plan for the Guided Pathways Plan and the Dual Enrollment Plan. Prepares and send communications to internal and external stakeholders each semester, outlining project activities, calendar of dates and deadlines, required procedures, and participation opportunities.
* Develops and promotes special events, seminars, and workshops including, but not limited to, faculty and staff professional development activities, student engagement events, and outreach activities.
* Organizes, attends or chairs a variety of administrative and staff meetings as required; serves on committees and special projects as assigned; coordinates programs and services as appropriate with other District and college personnel.
* Maintains current knowledge of instructional theories and new technologies pertinent to assigned projects; learns and applies emerging technologies and advances (e.g., computer software applications) as necessary to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely manner.
* Develops and monitors budgets and maximizes financial resources.
* Supervises, motivates, trains, and evaluates assigned personnel to provide high quality of service.
* Collaborates with college and District-wide leadership related to Guided Pathways and Dual Enrolment activities and required reporting standards; provides data for inclusion in requested reporting and analytical statistics.
* Directs the preparation and maintenance of detailed and comprehensive records, reports and files related to the consortium personnel, facilities and activities; ensures the collection, recording and reporting of required enrollment and performance data.
* Directs, develops, and maintains files, reports, and documentation to comply with the grant requirements, as well as District policies and procedures.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge and skills related to pertinent legislation, emerging trends in Guided Pathways Plan and Dual Enrollment Plan, and the duties and responsibilities of the position.
* Performs other related duties as assigned that support the objectives of the position.