Start Date: Spring 2019
Develop, promote, and coordinate all facets of Golden West College's Women's Lacrosse program. The Head Lacrosse coach provides leadership, direction, and oversees all coaching for an intercollegiate Lacrosse program operating under the California Community College Athletic Association. Assignment includes day, evening, and weekend duties.
Head Coach, Women's Lacrosse Responsibilities:
* Leading in all phases of coaching intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse at the community college level, including but not limited to the recruitment of quality college student-athletes; lead practice, competitions and games; enforce team policies and rules as well as college policies and rules, fundraising and community involvement.
* Recruitment of player, including scout, identify and recommend student athletes in such a manner that encourages diversity while maintaining a competitive atmosphere
* Budget development and management, practice/game management, monitor academic progress as well as social media supervision of student-athletes, build public relations, and conduct fundraising activities.
* The head coach is expected to perform all other job-related duties as assigned by the Athletic Director within the rules and regulations of the CCCAA, Orange Empire Conference, and Golden West College.
* May drive college vehicles or college leased vehicles to and from scheduled contests.
* Communicates with the Sports Information Director in a timely manner.
* Coordinates with Sports Medicine the care and reporting of incidents and injuries to the appropriate college and district personnel.
* Prepare a season summary and ensures nominations for student honors within conference, region and other athletic governing bodies are recommended and advocated.
* Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student-athletes.
* Maintain effective professional working relationship with student-athletes, staff, administrators, alumni and the general public with regularly scheduled media and public speaking engagements; develop community support for the program, and fundraising.
* Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.